Manga of the month #3

by - 11:28 AM

We are well in 2017 already and I decided to revive this blog once more, so what better way to start than the column 'Manga of the month?'. This time I'm talking about some manga I've been reading for a while and especially loved last month.

The first one is 'KIMI TO BOKU' is a comedy/slice of life manga by Hotta Kiichi, started in 2008. I'm sure it's already well known since they recently made an anime out of it (which I'll review later). 


Plot: 'Kimi to Boku' ('You and I') tells the story of 5 highschool friends, all boys, mostly of which have known each other since they were really small. The cool/weird twins Yuuta and Yuuki, the grumpy Kaname, Shun nicknamed 'Flowery boy' for his love of cute things and the last one to join: Chizuru, a lively half-japanese transfer student.
Every chapter is a story of its own mainly focused on one or plus characters, their daily life at school and (rarely) outside, sometimes discovering their past or having some weird adventure. 

My take: I love it because it's really amusing and perfect to realx, don't expect drama or anything like that! But don't worry, this manga will hook you up anyway. Another positive point have to be the characters, you can relate to them because they are so different one from the other and have so many different layers. Their friendship is so genuine and sweet! Somehow it makes me nostalgic for things I never even experienced, it's good like that! 


Second manga I want to recommend is 'TOMO-CHAN WA ONNANOKO' a 2015 comedy/romance by Yanagida Fumita. 


Plot: This manga revolves around Tomo, a highschool girl who is in love with her clueless childhood friend Jun. Tomo tries to confess to Jun, the problem is that he doesn't see her as a girl. That's because Tomo is boyish, violent, loves sport and used to spar with Jun when they were little. Luckily, her friends, Misuzu and Carol, will help her become more 'femminine' and let Jun notice her.. or will they?

My take: This manga is simply hilarious, it's not your typical shoujo where a plain girl becomes super girly and gets an harem of boys..forget that. Tomo's efforts to conquer Jun's love are embarrassing and fun, always ending up miserably. Not to mention her sidekicks, which are my absolute favourites: Misuzu and Carol, both are just comedy gold, one completely opposite to the other, their skits are amazing.

Best trio: The clueless - The No-Filter - The manipulative.

*
*
*
Anyway, these are the new manga I recommend, both still ongoing. Let me know if you knew them, liked them and your favourites! :) 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram