Manga of the month #4

by - 3:39 PM

Hellooo! For April I have two manga I wanna recommend to you, they're bot not so well-known but I discovered them recently and absolutely loved them! Ready?

The first: KOI MONOGATARI.


It's a 2013 manga by Tagura Tohru, still on going. It's a shounen-ai (or BL aka boys love), set in a normal japanese high school. Being a BL, I know it's not for everyone's tastes but it's not visually explicit and it is a really beautiful story, I strongly suggest it! 

Plot: Hasegawa Yuiji finds out his classmate's secret: Yoshinaga Yamato is gay. He also notices Yamato has a one-sided love. Little by little, they get closer and get friendly, Yuiji realize Yamato is a cool guy and hangs out with him more often, trying to help him with his troubles and all.. 



Conclusion: If I had to describe it in a few words I'd say it's a 'pretty love-friendship story'. The two main characters, Yamato and Yuiji are so different but both so cool you'll fall in love with them for sure and wish them the best. This manga really convey everyone's feelings to the reader, in such a soft and real way, it's hard to explain.  
What makes it intersting though, it's the expectation. You know what will happen, you just wonder why, how and when (still waiting for it btw). The drawings are amazing, I cannot stop staring at them. Please read this manga! 


The second: ANATA TO SCANDAL .


It's a 1994 shoujo manga by Shiina Ayumi consisting of five volumes. Old, I know, but you won't be disappointed! The plot has everything, from romance to harem to gender bender. It is definetely a shoujo, though, as you'll know,  The drawings are your usual '90s shoujo type (big hair and odd fashion too) but I don't dislike it, on the contrary it's quite interesting.

Plot: Tasaki Tomoka is a student from an all-girls high school and fell in love on a train. She doesn't know her prince, she is just happy seeing him. One day she meets Miyazawa Arata, a childhood classmate from piano lessons, who invites her to see his band performance and wants her to join it. Once there, she finds out her prince is the singer of the band. Drunk, she confesses her love to him and later finds out his (not so much) secret. He is not who she was expecting at all. 
                                



Conclusion *with mild spoilers* : How can you not read a manga with that plot and such handsome characters? I mean, I liked all of them, though they're all VERY different -both phisically and personally. I was honestly quite surprised for a lot of reasons: the first one being Tomoka. She is a girly-girl but is unexpectedly strong and feisty. Another one is that there is the possibility of love, even between two girls in a non-yuri (girl x girl love) manga. I actually rooted for them, I knew it wasn't in the cards -since it was clearly a shoujo- but still.. I thought I'd be interesting and cool. Lastly, I wasn't sure who Tomoka would end up with because, at some point, it looks like they all kinda like her. And that's another unexpected thing, I would have swore she'd end up with my second choice (comment if you wanna know who) but nope. Still, I'm happy anyway cause I like all of them after all.

Real conclusion is I loved this manga a lot! 
Just one bad point: the ending is kind of abrupt? I expected at least two other more chapters, or at least an extra one. Instead, it just suddenly end leaving you hanging for more. But that might be because I didn't want it to end lol.

~~~~~

That's it for this time, please let me know in the comments if there you read them or there's some manga you're loving lately!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram