Useful phrases!

by - 4:48 AM


If want to communicate in japanese there are some common phrases you need to know. I found some for you, to be used casually with friends etc.
Here they are:

1. 'Okurete gomen ne'. This is often used and it means 'I'm sorry I'm late'.

2. 'Mattete kurete arigatou'. After the first phrase you can use this, that means 'Thank you for waiting',

3. 'Doushitano?'.The one who was waiting can say this 'What happened?'.

4. 'Shinpai shichatta yo' and also this, meaning 'I was getting worried'.

5. 'Issho ni purikura o toritai.' if you want to make some memory by snapping photos you'd want to say this "Let's go take purikura together." 

6. 'Kimi to hanashitaida'. means  "I want to talk to you." 

7. 'Shokuji shiyou'. This phrase means "Let's go eat."

8. 'Soko ni suwaremasuka' when entering a cafè or a restaurant you say "Can we sit over there?'.

9. 'Kimi no te o nigiritai'. meaning "I want to hold your hand." 

10. 'Koko chotto mite ittemo ii?'. It means 'Do you mind If I look at this store for a minute?'

11. 'Ocha shinai?' means 'Shall we stop for tea?' 

12. 'Tsugi wa doko e ikou ka?' it means 'Where should we go next?"
13. 'Kaeranakucha' then it's time to say goodbye 'I have to go home'.
14. 'Okutte ikou ka' at the end of the date usually the boy would say 'Shall I walk you home?'. 

15. 'Kaerettakunai na'. it means "I do not want to go home." If used during a date can also mean that you are having a great time.

16. 'Kono ato de nani suru no?' if you don't want the date to end you say this "What are you doing later?"

17. Followed by this 'Convini ni itte nanika nomimono demo kawanai?' meaning "Can we go to a convenience store to get something to drink?"


You can find a lot more on the web (where I picked those up), but I'll update anyway. Hope it will be helpful.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram