Basic Japanese #1

by - 8:33 AM

I thought about doing a section in this blog about the basic of japanese language. So, you can learn along me about this complicated but beautiful idiom.

Let's start with basic. 
Japanese language uses three alphabets: Hiragana, Katakana (both of 45 syllables and one consonant -N-) and Kanji.

Hiragana is the most used and that's really something you can't miss. This
alphabet is the first one to be learned by little kids. It is also used to transcribe Kanji's pronunciation.


The second one is Katakana. This alphabet is used to write and pronounce foreign words. 


About Kanji, I'll do a related post in a while but what you'll need to know is that there is no chart of Kanji. In Japanese there are about 4 hundred. You can start by learning some on your own here: tepetaklak.com/kanjis/kanji_index (it start with the simplest ones so rest assured).

So, the first most important step to learn japanese is to memorize these two charts. Good work!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yeah this is very useful, it's only sad, that the Kanji list somehow doesn't tell me how I pronounce the words. Unfortunately I didn't had Kanjis in my first japanese course, but in the second we will finally learn some! :3

    Thank you very much for your nice comment in my blog by the way ! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved your costumes, so you're welcome. ♥
      To read Kanji you can try it here http://japanese.about.com/library/blkod206.htm :D

      Delete

Instagram