Why Japan?

by - 3:22 PM

As 2014 is coming to an end I thought it would be nice to do a more personal post and explain a thing or two about me.

"Why Japan?"

This is a question I've received all my life. "Why not?" it's what I'd like to answer, instead of explaining my long journey of love with that country. So I usually end up saying 'I've been loving Japan since I was a kid' without giving any further details.
People who really wants to know the reason will ask for it, as they did, others will just shrug it off thinking I'm weird. Whatever, I don't care. I'm not weird, I just have different interests. 

As you can probably guess, my love for Japan started with manga when I was a freshman in middle school. My school life sucked and I was feeling bad all the time, well, you may believe it or not but manga is what really saved me (along with my family). From there on my curiosity only grew and I wanted to know just about everything about Japan. 
Basically I was surfing on the net all day long for new infos, dreaming about the day I'd go there, but it really didn't go beyond that until a couple of years ago. I started learning japanese by myself, I took out all my saving and planned my one-month stay with a friend. I was ready. I felt it in my bones, it was time to go, it was time to realize my life long dream.

And then, as you know, I achieved it. It was an awesome trip but also really challenging. I learned many things and I'm not so foolish anymore to say 'I love everything about Japan', nope I don't. Now that I'm an adult and I've been there I know many other things and I realize that all that glitters is not gold. But I still love Japan very much and I'm not satisfied, on the contrary my dream as expanded. 
My journey as just begun.

So, what's next for me? 

My next aim -or wish- is a three months stay in Japan, attending a language school again and hopefully finding whatever part-time job to support myself there. Also I'd really like to visit South-Korea too, as I've been interested in kpop and korean culture for a while now, and I've decide to learn some korean too!! :3

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram