To the beautiful you- Hana Kimi

by - 6:34 AM


Originally called (花ざかりの君たちへ Hanazakari no kimitachi) Hana Kimi, meaning 'for you in full blossom', this manga was created by Hisaya Nakajo. 
The series centers on Mizuki Ashiya, a Japanese girl who lives in the United States. One day, she sees a track and field competition on TV, and becomes attracted to one of the high jump competitors, Izumi Sano. She begins to idolize the young athlete and eventually transfers to Japan to attend the same school that Sano attends. There is a catch, however: Sano attends an all-boys high school, named Osaka Gakuen and Mizuki must disguise herself as a boy to enter.

Now given this introduction, 3 dramas were made out of this manga: a taiwanese, japanese and korean one.
I loathed the taiwanese one, it was really bad, but absolutely loved the japanese version ..just one word..AMAZING would be able to describe it, all the actors were handsome and really good! And here is the main cast:


 The best part were definetly these two: Shun Oguri (Izumi Sano) and Ikuta Toma (Shuichi Nakatsu)  -their chemistry was amazing!


Now onto the korean one, it was just recently made so just two episode (with subs) are out. My first impression was: is there really a need for a remake? Then I thought most of korean drama are awesome so why not, let's give it try.
I'm glad I did it. 

First off, the main characters are two famous K-Pop singers: Min Ho from SHINee and Sulli from f(x). 


So from that.. they transformed for the role into this: 


She cut her hair!! And she really looks cute!! Awwww, I love Sulli, she has such a bright personality and frankly, I never saw her acting, but she is pretty good! 
Min ho too, he seems like his old serious self..and I think he's kind of perfect for the role -much alike to Sano Izumi- his expressions are great, the acting is quite good, not excellent but we'll see in the next episodes. 


Anyhow the two are a good match!
There are anyway a few things that I didn't like,  Seol Hana (Kim Ji-won) as the antagonist. I know she has to be annoying but..it's too much! She doesn't have any appeal and really piss me off. A good 'enemy' should have good points and charm, and she doesn't have any of that.
Then the doctor (Ki Tae-young as Jang Min-woo), he's good but I'm so in love with the one from the Japanese drama that I was kind of disappointed. Not his fault, just that Kamikawa Takaya as Umeda Hokuto was too much handsome! I mean, irreplaceable and unique.
Another good point? Lee Hyun-Woo as Cha Eun-gyeo, aka Nakatsu Shuichi, perfect, brillant and so frigging cute!!!


On a final note, I suggest you to watch it. Even if you didn't read the manga or saw the other remakes (maybe better), and if you did don't expect the same accurate story..korean dramas generally differ from the original, it's like watching something totally new with a hint of that plot.  
I think this drama will become huge! I already like it a lot!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram